Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sports & Beer

Sports and Beer. Goes together like Turkey and Swiss.

Have you ever sat down to watch a game, and all the sudden craved a Budweiser? I have.

I guess there are probably a lot of theories as to why people want beer when they watch a game, but mine is simple and succinct. People drink beer during sports so that when they celebrate like idiots they have an excuse.

"Sorry I broke lamp honey, I was drunk!" This will piss off any wife or girlfriend, but consider the latter.

"Sorry I broke the lamp honey, Tom Brady threw an interception." This will always receive the same response that you are simply an asshole for caring about sports that much. (Which goes back to my anti-sportmatics argument http://fanfusion.blogspot.com/2009/10/anti-sportmatic.html)

How about when your team loses? "Oh I don't care that the Tigers blew the play-in game, I am just excited to go out and get more trashed tonight." This way you can avoid accountability, and sneak off to the bathroom at the bar and cry with pride.

I drink beer when I watch sports, I am not sure why, but subconsciously I have to guess that this is my main reason

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen that commercial "Football was invented so we could barbecue"?

    "Sports were invented so we'd have something to do when we drink beer"

    ReplyDelete